Saturday 10 January 2015

I am a Christian and a Muslim — Sobola Sotayo

Beautiful Yoruba actress, Sobola Sotayo must be smiling to the bank now, going by the success of her latest movie ‘Bella’ which was premiered on December 28th which was also her birthday. But her apparent joy hasn’t done anything to put the minds of her fans at rest, many of whom are confused on the status of her religious leaning. Sobola loves to dress as an Hajia and at the same time parades herself as a Christian. This has generated a bit of confusion among her fans. In a recent chat with Potpourri, the actress put the records straight, explaining where she stands, regarding her faith. “I’m a ‘Christlem’, I’m born by a Christian Catholic father and raised by a Muslim mother. My mom is an Alhaja and my late dad is a Christian” she began. “Talking about my kind of religion, I pray a lot when I’m alone. I don’t think praying has to be with you getting a microphone and coming out to say “Hey, I’m praying” or trying to disturb your neighbor. You don’t have to faint on the floor or say Fire! Fire! For everybody to know you’re praying but honestly speaking, I do pray a lot. I don’t know how to pray the Muslim prayer but trust me I’m very good when it comes to dressing up like an Alhaja. I just pray the normal way, that’s it” she confessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment